Skip to main content

Jump into June!

June is our first day of Winter Down Under 
and I've accepted several challenges to keep me busy 
and to avoid the winter blues...

1. I'm going to post everyday in June. 
Little and often is my months mantra.
Can the chatty, often verbose and rambling Wren cope with this?

It is Melbourne month for me, 
as I'm not leaving Australia at all in June.
It will be a journey of discovery into my everyday life.

Join me for some fresh air in our local National Parks
Just to make it really exciting for you
I've accepted a challenge to clear out my drawers!!
There! I knew that would have you on board, here for the ride,
up for the adventure etc.
Yes, not only are we not going anywhere,
we are staying in, dear Blogger friends doing chores... Happy?

This is really just to distract myself from the fact that in July 
I am going to Bangkok.
Which as anyone who listens to the news at the moment will tell
you could be really, really exciting, especially if I pack the wrong colour T-shirt... 
AND if I don't survive to make it back,
 I want my cupboards to be in order.
I don't want anyone saying 'that Wren, her pantry was such a mess!'

Or come with me for some sea air at the beach...
2. I'm joining Michelle at My Slow Living Adventure 
on her minimalist challenge
We're going to 'clear the way for clarity' 
by becoming a 'fully fledged ditchers'!
One item thrown out on June 1st, 
two items on June 2nd, building each day...
Until I sit there at the end of the month
possibly with zero left to wear,  and nothing in the house to eat.
It's going to make a holiday in Thailand seem real attractive 
military coup, or no military coup!!

I'm really excited by this challenge
but can I do it?
My DH says start with the study,
I've said he could join me, he could start with his shed!!

Gumnuts from my garden...
3. 30 day ABS CHALLENGE
My girlfriends and I meet every Monday for a weigh-in.
We are constantly looking for new excitements in our 
weight loss journey, and as we are gradually beginning 
to see our toes again, somehow this came up in conversation!

Day One is not too bad, but Day 30 is terrifying:
125 sit ups, 200 crunches, 65 leg raises, 160 second plank - What???

I'm not quite sure why I agreed to join them on this challenge 
for a flatter stomach - errm possibly because I wanted a flatter stomach?
Or more likely, because I didn't want to be the one who said 
I can't, I've over committed, 
or that I'm busy sorting out my robes!

Well in for a penny, in (or off) for a pound...

This is my local park, it is a favourite for the crazy poodle and I.
4. 30 day blog hop challenge 
I thought it would be fun whilst stuck indoors, 
madly jettisoning my personal possessions,
crunching my abs and blogging,
to get out and about in the blogosphere in June
and meet some new folks. 
Of course I will stick with my old favourites 
but will add in some new memes for fun...
Let me know if you have any suggestions.

See you tomorrow!
Today I have chosen to join for the first time Sundays in my city
Hello everyone!
Unknown Mami

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat