Skip to main content

Nillahcootie Lake


We're on the road to Nowhere!
Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen.

Read more:  Talking Heads - Road To Nowhere Lyrics | MetroLyrics 


We set off from Melbourne this morning
with a hotel booking in the King Valley, in Northern Victoria
and no particular route in mind...
 Except me saying 'I need an N for today's April A to Z Challenge'!

Which, if this is the first time you have stumbled across my blog is where I have taken up the challenge of posting an A to Z  Wandering Victoria post throughout April.



What a fabulous day,
We stopped at Yarra Glen, in the heart of the Yarra Valley.
The Yarra Valley is a world renown wine region of Victoria, one hour from Melbourne. 
At this stage, we just had coffee, as we wait for a respectable time for wine o'clock! 


Lunch at Sedona Estate
We were heading to Y is for Yea, yay there is a town called Yea in Victoria! When on a whim, we turn from the main road to explore off the beaten track. Only to find turning into Sedona Estate that this vineyard has for the third time been recognised as a prestigious 5 star winery, as rated by James Halliday, Australia's leading wine critic. Yay! 

We stay for a fantastic wine tasting session which results in us leaving much later with a case of wine, having had a fantastic lunch and as the latest members of the Sedona Estate Wine Club! I'm looking forward to enjoying all these fine wines!


Sedona Estate, Victoria
Back on the road, we are now seriously behind schedule and still have two hours driving time ahead of us before we reach our destination. It is an interesting drive, we still continue with the slightly slower, scenic route options. Sadly we don't see any koalas, despite much promise.


Just as the sun begins to set, we finally come across my N for the day Nillahcootie Lake. The lake was created in 1967 as a water supply for Northern Victoria and provides now many recreational opportunities.
Nillacoote Lake is located on the Broken River


Nillahcootie lake
I hope you have enjoyed our road trip today.
Tomorrow I have a day off from blogging - Yae!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat