Skip to main content

The Big Bash

How do you celebrate a friend's big birthday?
With French champagne of course!
One for every decade...


Mix with some of the best weather that Victoria 
has been able to muster in the last few weeks...
Woo Hoo hello sunshine.


Which had us reaching for our sunnies, 
and sun block - yippee!

And created some lovely sunsets...



Add in some great company,
with the sort of really good friends 
that you can dredge up those embarrassing memories 
from times long gone.
Remember when ....


Enjoy some wonderful over indulgence 
on the fine dining front 
with many good meals together...
A birthday cake with sparklers and ice cream...


An exotic location out of Melbourne
Where even the flowers
look happy and relaxed...

Where the famous Aussie Eucalyptus gumnuts 
are the best I've ever seen...

Gumnuts for Today's Flowers

Wow - what a great time we had.
Thanks for a brilliant weekend!

Here's to the next 50 years.

Image enhanced for Mandarin Orange Monday

Do you think we can manage ten bottles of champagne 
when we are 100 years old?

Thanks Lori!

Linking with Today's Flowers
Thank you Denise!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anyone for Tennis?

At the Australian Open qualifying tournament... 

Are you ready for the first Grand Slam of the year? The Aus Open starts next week (Monday 13th - Sunday 26 January) but Melbourne is already in full swing (ha ha) with tennis players and tennis action. 


You can pay to watch some of the top seeded Men's players in action at the Kooyong Classic, just down the road. Or, you can join me for what I say is one of the best value tennis, indeed let's say sporting tickets in the world. The Australian Open qualifying tournament (Jan 8 -11), where you can wander in for free. Yes free!

The 'Qualies' is one of the secret treasures of the Aus Open where players compete and must win matches on three consecutive days to secure one of the last remaining spots in the main draw.
For the past seven years we have been a host family for tennis players, which is how we have become so familiar with the highs and lows of this lead up event... 
So would you like a sneak peak inside Melbourne Park, whi…

Keep Calm And Birthday On!

So far I'm onto my fourth country celebrating my birthday. Usually, I don't fuss much about birthdays, I'm not one for the big girls night out, or to treat myself with a big splurge... 
But this year is different. I've moved country. I now have a new visa in my passport enabling me to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand until May 2018. I'm away from the kids and the dog and Mr Wren looked at his work calendar, scratched his head and declared a meeting with dinner on my birthday.

I thought for a moment about pulling the old 'I can't believe you've got a meeting with dinner on my birthday AND it's International Women's Day' complaint, but wait a moment, no... That's a perfect excuse to celebrate with everyone, everywhere! 
'Hey, but I thought you said  you never bothered much about birthdays...'
I can hear him call out as I am part way to booking a flight to Malaysia and using all his Airmiles for a return trip to the UK!

He's right, I&#…

I come from a land Down Under…

Where women blow and men plunder, or even chunder!




Mr Wren was away last weekend with his new Bangkok work colleagues. It was the annual office team bonding event.

I had to smile in sympathy when @verybritishproblems tweeted their four-word horror stories: 
Team Building away day  Tell us about yourself  We’ve run out of milk! At this event, every new employee is invited, the sort of invitation you don’t refuse, to introduce themselves to the broader team of over 250 people, in an entertaining manner. 

My Wren failed the audition to join an existing group of newbies who clearly were going all out to make a great first impression. They politely told him he wouldn’t have the time to catch up as they’d been working on their performance for months. Which considering that most Thai’s will never say no to anything, was a gutsy move! 
So poor old Mr Wren was in a right flap. I was sensing he’d be more comfortable standing on stage announcing a 2017 50% reduction in bonus payments than doing his solo…