Skip to main content

Keep Calm and wander on!


I am having a brilliantly busy week.
For one, we have just booked a surprise trip to Europe in a couple of weeks.
The surprise is I thought I was going in August!

So I'm in that pre-travel panic planning mode.
You know, the one I go into
 whenever we leave the kids (all adults, I know, I need therapy) 
home alone, looking after the Crazy Poodle.

I buy up a years supply of toilet rolls 
and enough dog dental chews for every pooch in Melbourne...

Domain, Auckland
I know, what a wonderful life I lead.
I mean, really what IS the point in unpacking my suitcase? 

So here I am dancing around celebrating the fact
for the second year in a row, I'm going to avoid Winter.
Don't you think life is good if you can live in a perpetual Summer?

Domain, Auckland Statues
When out of nowhere, 
I get a notification on my blog that I'm a winner!
Not only that, 
it's from Betty in New Zealand, some of you will know Betty
through her blogs photographing New Zealand.

Glasshouse flowers, Domain, Auckland 
Well I'd literally just touched down 
from a beautiful trip to Auckland last month.
Sorry, if you felt you missed it, 
it's just that we were all so busy gallivanting around Victoria at the time
it was hard to mention!

 I've won the most beautiful New Zealand paua shell necklace.
It's described as Hei Matau which is a highly stylised fish hook 
typical of the Maori people of New Zealand.
The swirl on the side is a sign of life.

New Zealand Paua shell necklace
It means Good Luck or safe journey.
How absolutely perfect, or as Dame Edna would say:
'It's spooky Possums'

Thank you so much, Betty. I will be thrilled to be wearing 
my Hei Matau necklace on my travels.

Hei Matua - necklace
You might be interested to read one of my most popular posts
about a necklace:

I bought it the foothills of the Himalayas 
when I was visiting my 16-year-old son who was at boarding school there.

Before I go here are the links to  Betty's blogs below.
 I hope you will stop by and tell her a little bird sent you!
Linking Warm Heart Wednesday - thanks to Jenny
Wednesday around the World - thanks to Betty
Our World Tuesday - Thanks to all the hosts


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our balcony Sunbirds!

Something beautiful is happening at our place, I can hear the little birds sing! This is no mean feat as we live way up high, above the 30th floor. I love my new apartment it is just perfect, except that I missed the birds. Then guess what? Two of the cutest little Thai Sunbirds decided to join us and build a nest. Talk about the happiest bird watch ever! Our sunbird on our orchids Let's go back a bit and remind you about my Bangkok life. I've arrived in this great city from Melbourne Australia. Where I have a garden that I love and although the birds are a little cautious about visiting us, on account of the Crazy Poodle, we enjoyed all manner of what I think of as exotic birds - bright parrots, laughing kookaburras etc Rainbow lorikeets checking to see what the Crazy Poodle is up to! Our first Bangkok apartment at Embassy Place was chosen for it's amazing position overlooking one of the US Embassy compounds. The American Ambassador in Bangkok, has a ni...

Updates for Little Wandering Wren

 Hello everyone ✨ Big news from the nest! ✨ How are you doing? We are excited to be heading off again to explore the world. If you love travelling to lesser-known places without the crowds. Stick follow along. After years of sharing my adventures over on Little Wandering Wren at Blogspot, it’s time to spread my wings… You’ll now find me at www.littlewanderingwren.com   Here you’ll discover: 🌍 Inspiring stays in the world’s best hotels, resorts & B&Bs 🌿 Hidden-gem destinations perfect for curious travellers 💫 Travel tips & stories for over-50/60s (and young at heart!) 📸 Gorgeous photography to fuel your wanderlust It’s the same Little Wandering Wren you know and love, just in a fresh new home! 👉 Tap the link in bio or head to  www.littlewanderingwren.com  to explore — and don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an adventure. These days we hang out in Thailand and SE Asia, Australia, the UK, France and the United States. Here are some of t...

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully...