Skip to main content

A few gifts for Mum

I've just been given an Avocado Shark for Mothers Day 
Only in Australia!


My favourite meal is brunch with smashed avo
which is exactly what we had this morning.
In my previous post All Australians' Adore Avocados
I talk about why this dish perfectly suits my personality!

We were woken by lots of noise in the kitchen, this morning.
Probably as in many other households all around the Country!
'I DO hope they're smashing my avocado, not my best china!'
I think as I roll back under the covers...

This is the life!

I love the way that even though they are now grown up
I still get a hand drawn card...'To our Favourite Wren!'

'Thanks for being the best Mum and always so caring 
even though we're adults'

Isn't that what all Mother's do until they fly the nest?
They say the average age kids leave home these days is thirty-four or something ridiculous.

After brunch I am presented with a series of special gifts!

The Avo Shark is great - one tool to cut, de-pip, scoop, slice and mash. When you eat as much avocado as we do, that will see good service! 

The mango cutter equally as clever a gift. I don't do mango! It is to replace my other mango cutter, my son who has in his tender nineteen years perfected mango! He is about to leave on a seven week European adventure.

Do you like the luggage tag for my upcoming trip?
That's because at my age, 
I'm in my 'should have gone to SpecSavers' phase of life.
They are hoping it will be easier for me to spot my own bags to stop me from removing everyone else's luggage from the arrival conveyor belt.
 I did this twice on the last family holiday much to the surprise of the other passengers whose bags I grabbed and to the mirth of my kids.

They keep telling me I could get a job in baggage handling any day
...I'm a real pro they say, the way I whip those suitcases off at baggage reclaim is no one business! 

Have a gorgeous Sunday wherever you are celebrating!

Linking with My Sunday Photo 
Thank you Darren



I 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our balcony Sunbirds!

Something beautiful is happening at our place, I can hear the little birds sing! This is no mean feat as we live way up high, above the 30th floor. I love my new apartment it is just perfect, except that I missed the birds. Then guess what? Two of the cutest little Thai Sunbirds decided to join us and build a nest. Talk about the happiest bird watch ever! Our sunbird on our orchids Let's go back a bit and remind you about my Bangkok life. I've arrived in this great city from Melbourne Australia. Where I have a garden that I love and although the birds are a little cautious about visiting us, on account of the Crazy Poodle, we enjoyed all manner of what I think of as exotic birds - bright parrots, laughing kookaburras etc Rainbow lorikeets checking to see what the Crazy Poodle is up to! Our first Bangkok apartment at Embassy Place was chosen for it's amazing position overlooking one of the US Embassy compounds. The American Ambassador in Bangkok, has a ni...

Updates for Little Wandering Wren

 Hello everyone ✨ Big news from the nest! ✨ How are you doing? We are excited to be heading off again to explore the world. If you love travelling to lesser-known places without the crowds. Stick follow along. After years of sharing my adventures over on Little Wandering Wren at Blogspot, it’s time to spread my wings… You’ll now find me at www.littlewanderingwren.com   Here you’ll discover: 🌍 Inspiring stays in the world’s best hotels, resorts & B&Bs 🌿 Hidden-gem destinations perfect for curious travellers 💫 Travel tips & stories for over-50/60s (and young at heart!) 📸 Gorgeous photography to fuel your wanderlust It’s the same Little Wandering Wren you know and love, just in a fresh new home! 👉 Tap the link in bio or head to  www.littlewanderingwren.com  to explore — and don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an adventure. These days we hang out in Thailand and SE Asia, Australia, the UK, France and the United States. Here are some of t...

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully...