Skip to main content

Blogging on high!

Goosie, Goosie Gander where shall I wander....

Here I am in seat 27G 
which is waaaaaaay too far back in the airplane for me, 
but guess what, I'm very happy here!

Christmas flags at Richmond Station, 2015
I'm on my way to Abu Dhabi, then London.
And whoo hoo, I'm on Wifi thanks to Ethiad Airlines.
It's my first blog written
 cruising at an altitude of 34,000 feet 
and travelling at a ground speed of 927 km per hour, 
and I think that's pretty cool.

In fact it's very, very cool
the outside temperature is -39.0 celsius - ho ho ho...

Australian Eucalyptus in full flower
So I am returning the UK
for a quick visit and sadly a family funeral.
If it wasn't under such circumstances 
I'd be happy to have achieved what every woman really wants 
at this time of year: two weeks away and just 'beam me up Scotty.'
I'm back on December 22nd when everything's done.
Prepared and ready.

Christmas - it's exhausting just thinking about it!
Our Aussie Christmas is really casual.
We don't really do presents.
I always work on the basis 'I'd rather do, than have'
So we're all getting or giving a charity donation to help those
suffering at the hands of the sex slave industry on the Thai - Burmese border :)

Australian natives in Spring
I knew you'd be impressed!

Look it might seem a tad random to you, and my 19 year old son
who will no doubt open up his card with a 'whaaat the ....'? 
But we met some remarkable Sisters doing some great work at a charity fundraising dinner the other night at a posh golf course in Melbourne.

Well the Nun's were visiting, just there to tell their story really, 
they were not really into the golf, 
and it was either donate direct, or bid on the silent auction 
for various items that we didn't need like a Porsche pedal car...

Barwon Heads Golf Club, Victoria another posh golf club
So we've made a contribution on behalf of everyone.
Well not everyone, everyone.
Everyone in our family.

Yes I know it's different from our usual gift aid of 
a well in Cambodia, or a toilet in India AND
just so I don't get any complaints about my 
over the top 'Save the World' approach to presents, 
we're also helping out the Myanmar tourist industry BIG time
with a holiday to explore the sights in February as the another present for each other.  Get the link? Good huh!
Presents done. Tick. 


Crazy Poodle at Rye beach last Christmas. 
We don't do decorations, we're at the beach.
Who can be faffed taking a whole load of Santas and Chrissy decorations 
to the beach for a week?
A few seashells on the table and we're good to go.

Gone Surfing Aussie Christmas tree decorations
 We don't make a lot of fuss over food either
Or so I thought...
You see you either go traditional 
which is the full turkey, Christmas pud and the works, 
or you go Aussie. 
Which is generally fish and toss a few prawns on the barbie
add in a pavlova meringue with cream with fruit on top for pudding
and happy days.

Coffee at the Boathouse, Manly, Sydney
Mr Wren says 'don't worry about the food' leave it to him. 
Which was great. 
Until he started talking about wanting a goose!

'A goose, we can't have a goose, no one has a goose!
What sort of a Christmas do you call that?'
Out comes my inner control freak.
Gone are the thoughts
 'Isn't it wonderful, the family are organising Christmas?’

Santa at the Melbourne Star
Anyway all that was 8000 km’s behind me
Oh look we're now over Bengaluru
That's exciting!
I wonder if they're having goose for Christmas lunch in Bangaluru?!



Linking with thanks to all the hosts at
Blue Monday, Mosaic Monday and Our World Tuesday


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat