Skip to main content

Blue toes excitements!

Hello, how are you doing? It's been another great week here in Thailand.

           'I have found that if you love life, life will love you back'.
Arthur Rubinstein

Sixteen weeks ago I painted my toenails turquoise blue and life's been good ever since. Who knew such a simple change could make all the difference?
Pull up a chair and I'll tell you all about it!



I've always had pink toes, maybe coral, and very occasionally, I've worn red nail polish at Christmas. My blue toes are my sign to myself to get out there, to have fun and do something different.

I mean let's face it unless something's gone drastically wrong in the day, 
you've always got your feet with you, haven't you? 
In Thailand, we never wear socks, so I have a secret, constant reminder to:

Do it different, stay out of the ordinary!



I thought I'd made this up myself, but The Beauty Gypsy writes: 

Forget any tranquil associations – when worn as nail polish, blue is not for the faint of heart. It’s fun and experimental, giving the impression that you live an adrenaline-filled lifestyle full of constant excitement. In short, blue nail polish tells the world that you are youthful, fun and willing to try new things.

I'm laughing so hard at this 'living an adrenaline-filled lifestyle full of constant excitement'...Because if I'd known that was likely I'd have stuck with my baby pink toes, but it's too late now :)

I first went with blue toes when I was hoping to get in touch with my inner Rock Chick, as a volunteer at Glastonbury Festival. So maybe...

The nail polish did me good, we ended up in a heatwave and a festival-wide water ban. I learned many things about myself that week, including that blue toes still look ok after a week without a shower!



Last week, I was asked to join a product test for a new motorised e-scooter tour in Bangkok. If you've ever seen Bangkok's congested roads this had the potential to be adrenaline-filled, but actually, we were scootering down little laneways in local communities and were perfectly safe.

This week I've been in the ancient city of Ayutthaya and was thoughtfully given a traditional skirt to wear. It was absolutely beautiful and full of little elephants. 

This was a lovely gesture, except that whilst a wrap-around skirt sits well on a Thai lady and wraps around snugly. Mine only stretches to a one and a half wraps, the potential for disgracing myself is immense.


Don't smirk!



Here I am on this week's excitements. I somehow found myself staring in the welcome dance show - no rehearsal, no nothing, straight into the lights, camera, action, sequence!  So here I am with the SaiNoi community in front of the Director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand. 

I am invited to the dance floor and as we twirl, I'm shown how to get my hands just right. I am acutely aware that my hand movements needed to involve the ability to rescue my modesty, should I have a wardrobe malfunction!

Doing the 'hands up dance movement' is a tad risky, but I give it a go and live to tell the tale.

Honestly, I keep thinking of the British ex-Prime Minister Theresa May dancing in Africa! 

Note to self - have some Thai Dancing lessons.




We did many interesting activities with the local community thanks to our invitation from Thailand Village Academy. All eyes were downward when we were invited to learn all about traditional foot massage.



Massage is a popular part of Thai life and Thai foot massage is the application of pressure onto particular parts of the feet. 

Traditionally therapists use their hands, fingers, thumbs, knuckles even a rounded wooden stick with oil or balm. This causes a reflex action in another part of the body, as these diagrams show, although these are written in Thai.

We were invited to enjoy a foot massage and learned how the local villagers had invented a reflexology massage tool out of coconut shells. The shells are hard and they give your feet a good work out.


This week wanderings will take me on another out of my comfort zone. A Bangkok Street Food pork Breakfast foodie tour. Oh my gosh, my poor little (ok big) tummy!

I haven't had a chance to take off my blue nail polish yet... these wonderful opportunities are coming straight at me and when I think "no" I'm not doing (or more likely) can't do that, I look at my toes say yes and put one foot in front of another and go and do it!

Are you looking to do something different in your life?

Go and buy yourself some blue polish and see where it leads you! 

Now is good!



I'm starting the blue nail polish revolution in Blogland. Do you fancy painting your toes blue and seeing what happens? It really works! Although don't blame me if you have too much adventure! Let me know how you get on!


Happy Wanderings!


You can find more about my travel adventures here at https://littlewanderingwren.com.

I'd love you to join along and follow me there.

Linking with thanks to the following: Angie and Mosaic Monday Tamar at Good, Random, Fun and Fiona, and all the hosts at Our World Tuesday 

Comments

Sami said…
I've never had used blue nail polish, but I see the blue toenails have brought you many fun activities. I would love to experience those foot massages.
Keep on dancing :)
eileeninmd said…
Hello,

You do lead an exciting, with or without your blue painted toes. I have ticklish feet, I wonder how the foot massage would feel. You look cute dancing! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!
You won't believe this but someone gave me a blue nail polish and I gave it away...last week! I didn't know it could be this much fun! Now I'm stuck with pale pink! The dance looks neat and I love the foot massage! Enjoy your week! Life is an adventure...I agree!
Christina said…
I love the look of blue nail polish but never wear it myself. I think it makes my pale feet look deathly white but judging by your gorgeous toes, this idea is purely in my head. Maybe I need to get out of my comfort zone more. I actually have some in my collection.
stardust said…
Blue is my favorite color. Your blue toes are so lovely. I’d like to try Thai foot massage but I easily feel my foot tickling. I wonder with what color toenails you’re coming to Japan. Be adventuresome and cool. Have fun!

Yoko
Alexandria said…
Hi Wren,
Love your zest for life and the blue nail polish looks fab!
I also like the non-western approach to healing.
Life is good!
Henny Penny said…
The blue polish looks good on you. Goodness, maybe I need to try it. You look great in the wraparound skirt, and looks to me like you are dancing great too.
riitta k said…
The blue nail polish looks good on you! I have only reds, gold & silver at home, so not possible today :) Ingenious foot massage equipment! I use tennis balls! Continue to enjoy your life today!
Laila said…
I love your feet!!! :-)
I also love what they do to you.

I'm a abit bad to paint the toe nails, but I often try to do my fingers. When I see the colors (blue, red, green you name it)they make me a bit happy.
///Laila
https://tillklippt.blogspot.com/
Coastal Ripples said…
Just found your blog and have thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. What an amazing life you lead. Not sure there is any point painting my toes blue now as the winter socks are back on and the toes are hidden. Maybe next spring lol! B x
Oh what fun. I am heading for the blue polish. See if my life changes or I will change.
MB
Angie said…
Wren - who knew so many good things could come of a simple change in nail color? Of course, here we are entering boot season, so I often give my toe nails a break from any nail polish. Maybe I will resolve to kick off next spring with a pedicure and bright blue toes!!! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!
Crimson Kettle said…
Bring on the blue nail polish! Whatever next! You are an inspiration to us all. x
Gattina said…
I don't know why but I never look at feet ! Only in summertime I suddenly realize that I have toes and I take the next best nail polish and paint my toes, mostly in nacre pink. It's the same with shoes, I never see shoes on people. It seems to me that you make the best out of your stay in Thailand ! I am forced to stay in Waterloo, my passport had expired and I can't take a flight or the Eurostar ! Have to wait another month !
Fortunately I hadn't booked my yearly Egypt holidays, as Thomas Cook broke down ! What a mess in the Benelux countries and Germany !
Lorrie said…
Such a fun post, and all due to blue nail polish! It's certainly given you adventure! Glad the skirt didn't malfunction while you danced. Foot massages are wonderful!
Janice said…
I've done the blue on toenails a few times. Hubby says he does not need me any wilder than I am. Of course he is the one that would turn off the highway to go meet a fellow amateur radio operator. I would have no idea where we would end our side trip.

As Roy Rogers and Dale Evans would sing, Happy Trails to You Till We Meet Again!
Su-sieee! Mac said…
I don't like nail polish, BUT if I were to wear it on my toes, blue they would be. I love your post, Wandering Wren. Cheers to Life! to Energy! to Endless "Sure, Why Not!"
Lady Fi said…
Oh, what fun shots!
Certainly sounds like you and your blue toes had a fabulous week. I used to have several wrap around skirts, yes, you guessed it, bought in Asia. I was keep having to hold them down when I was outside in a breeze. But I did love them though Blue toes.... maybe when summer comes I will give them a go just for fun! Have a great week and thank you for stopping by my blog this week.
DeniseinVA said…
Maybe I ought to start painting my toes blue ;) This was a very enjoyable read, along with your photos. Thanks so much!
Jenny Woolf said…
That;s a great idea for reminding yourself not to be a stick in the mud! I think I'd have to feel pretty brave to face the coconut shells, though! I absolutely admire your bravery in dancing even though you're scared your skirt might fall off! (sounds like the stuff of nightmares) If blue toes can do that for a person, I'd better try them myself! :)
I'm really embracing your post as I recently had a pedicure and chose a bright robin's egg blue. I did feel light and happy, especially since I had never dared to use a color outside the box of my pinks, corals and reds at my age (59). And the really enlightening thing was so many people noticed and commented so nicely (I live in flip flops here in Midwest USA). Time is running out on appreciation for the well maintained tootsies as they head on to warm and cozy socks!

What a wonderful blog you have here, Wren. I'm a new follower and I'm excited to read about all of your adventures and delightful takes on life! :-D

Jane x
Goodness, those blue toes sure bought you a lot of fun :)
Great post.

All the best Jan
Blue nail polish - who knew? I generally avoid nail polish because it never stays on for longer than a day and I have better things to do than constantly renew my polish. I guess I'm just not a girly girl! I must admit the thought of blue intrigues me though because it's my favourite colour. A foot massage though - not THAT I could get behind!
Jeanie said…
Unless something else is in a world of hurt, I love foot massage more than anything!

I love how you grab life and live it hard and beautiful!

Awesome post you have shared here, Thanks a lot for sharing it because it make myself to love
MICHAEL JAY said…
I saw a comment here a few weeks ago about Dr Akhere and i decided to contact him as instructed, thanks to this man for bringing joy to me as wished for. i followed instructions which he gave in other to get my lover back who left me and the kids for 3years now, but thanks to Dr Akhere because they are back to me now for good and we are happy together. please do contact him for help too if in relationship problem via email at: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/WhatsApp:+2349057261346 . And testify for yourself.



























































I saw a comment here a few weeks ago about Dr Akhere and i decided to contact him as instructed, thanks to this man for bringing joy to me as wished for. i followed instructions which he gave in other to get my lover back who left me and the kids for 3years now, but thanks to Dr Akhere because they are back to me now for good and we are happy together. please do contact him for help too if in relationship problem via email at: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/WhatsApp:+2349057261346 . And testify for yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat