Skip to main content

Thankful and Grateful

Hello everyone it's been a while! Life back travelling again has been epic. I so enjoyed my Summer in the UK, the sun shone and we were able to revisit old haunts including returning to Glastonbury as volunteers and also find some new places that we'd never been to.

At Glastonbury Festival 2022

Then there was America. Oh my gosh, another pinch me is my life for real, wonderful times which have come as a result of hosting tennis players for twelve years playing at the Australian Open. I thoroughly enjoyed my twelve days of tennis completing my Fan Slam at the US Open. You can have a sneak peek into this via my Facebook page or on Instagram. 

I did have the most wonderful time Staying at the New York Athletic Club and meeting with Carol in Buttercupland.

New York Athletic Club

France then followed because a certain Mr Wren has always wanted to live there and since his recent retirement, we've been out exploring Arles and Uzes and surrounds in the Provence area. It's certainly a wonderful part of the world, apart from the extreme summer heat and the issues caused by Brexit.

Cassis, Provence, France

Then of course back to our beloved Thailand, this time entering as tourists, not as residents. Phuket is filling up and despite the high costs of flights at the moment is doing well on the tourism front. Things are not back to pre-pandemic days but my flight to the UK this week was full. 

I had fun writing about my skywalk on the Mahanakhon Tower. Would you do this? It took all my courage not to look down otherwise I still might be stuck out there.


Mahanakhorn Skywalk, Bangkok

The Wellness Industry has been bouncing back in the post-Covid era, with people prioritising health and wellness in their lives and often combining them with holiday destinations.

Fellow Blogger Danielle from Poss and Ruby Blog interviewed me for Why your next trip should be a Wellness Retreat after we both enjoyed our Eat, Pray Love Back to Bali adventures at REVIVO Wellness Resort Bali

My Little Wandering Wren blog has been throwing all sorts of wonderful opportunities my way. I had a fabulous time invited to enjoy a Fitness and Wellness Retreat at Absolute Sanctuary in Koh Samui. I skipped out of there feeling so well with meditation, yoga, pilates, and a daily spa treatment.

Absolute Sanctuary, Koh Samui

I have recently been excited to be part of a Travel Bloggers and Content Creators Conference TBEX ASIA which has connected me to more exciting opportunities to explore Thailand some more in 2023. It was inspiring and motivated me to press on with my Littlewanderingwren.com content creation.

I have just enjoyed a mega catch-up session with lots of you in Blogland, especially those of you celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with family and love!

We are celebrating our own British form of thanksgiving here in the UK, by having an early family Christmas get-together as our Christmas will be spent returning to Australia. I hope the Crazy Poodle remembers me as we left three years ago saying see you in a few weeks!

Gotta dash got a turkey to prepare! Happy wanderings and happy weekend, everyone.









Comments

Terra said…
You have been having a lot of fun in your travels, Provence to Thailand to New York and more. It is fun imagining living in another country, my husband and I lived for 5 months on a tiny Caribbean island, which we enjoyed before heading to the UK and Europe.
So glad to hear you're once again able to indulge your wanderlust! It's always a delight to read about your adventures but, best of all, was seeing pictures of your beautiful self.
eileeninmd said…
Hello Wren,
You do visit some amazing and beautiful places. I always love visiting a new place, seeing and learning about new cultures is fun. Take care, enjoy your day!
Jeanie said…
You have had QUiTE a year! I love your Glastonbury ensemble. You look great. And all that travel. Big huge, SLIGHTLY envious smiles from here!
RO said…
Waving hello and sending 💕 lots of hugs . RO
Buttercup said…
Just saw your catch-up. Walked by the NYAC and remembered the fun we had last summer. So glad we're in touch and good wishes for a happy and merry Christmas!
DeniseinVA said…
I enjoyed your post very much Wren. You have had a great year of traveling and it hasn’t stopped. I wish you a safe and happy journey to Australia. Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!
Lovely post.
Happy New Year Wishes.

All the best Jan
Tanza Erlambang said…
fun travel... great places....
Have a wonderful day
Cloudia said…
I'm so delighted we've met! Aloha from Honolulu, dear Wren
Tom said…
...I see that you aren't afraid of color, good for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat