Skip to main content

Friendship Friday!

Hello dear friends in Blogland. How are you doing?
I am pleased to be here for Friendship Friday

I've had a great week and have well and truly settled back into my Asian life 
where I am enjoying making new friends both locally and in here in the blogosphere.



I've had fun, I have joined a new group - the American Women's Club of Thailand.

Why the American's when you're a British Aussie? You may well ask. Well firstly they take anyone, these Expat women's groups really are not that fussy!

Well, except for the ANZWG Group where you need to be closely associated with Australia and New Zealand. I am, I have the passport and I have a family, home and of course an Aussie Crazy Poodle Down Under and I miss my Melbourne life terribly,  but my life in Thailand is more about meeting women from around the globe.

I have always had lots of American friends, I chat with many Americans via my blog...

... anyway they let this little bird in and she's chirpy about that!

Making friends Bangkok style - Birds in Lumpini Park, Bangkok
The next exciting thing that happened is that we signed a new lease, and we are finally moving within Bangkok. I am beyond ecstatic to be moving out of the what I have not-so-lovingly referred to as, please pardon the expression, our 'sh*thole' apartment.

The Americans all laugh at me saying that...

Perhaps it is a nervous laugh a sort of 'Oh my, have we really let this woman into our nice club?' Or maybe it is, because they always say 'I love your accent' and that anything said with my BritAus speak, sounds 'quaint'. 

I have a kitchen in the new pad, I have an oven, it has hot water in the kitchen sink,
I really am hoping it has a sink that drains the water but the later is a minor bonus... 
You have no idea how thrilling all these things are.
Things that I have always sadly taken for granted until I arrived in Bangkok!

  There is even a dishwasher out the back there.
 I swear to God, I never asked for a dishwasher, never needed a dishwasher, 
and I promise I won't fill it up with just one mug and plate and press start, just because I can. 
Well, not every day.

New friends ✔️✔️✔️✔️, 
New place to live ✔️✔️✔️✔️
now I'm working on a new bod(y)!

The obvious thing to do would be to head down to the little booths along the street, that offer all sort of cosmetic improvements, teeth whitening and tightening unimaginable parts of the anatomy. Thai life is a real eye-opener! But I'm a wimp, I'm doing it the old-fashioned way, in the gym.



I've become quite a gym bunny. For the first time ever I've added some strength training into my life... Who else does strength training? It's addictive!
Thailand Spirit House - Road to Changi, Singapore - Lantern festival, Malaysia
Its been a good week, I trained in 
Bangkok on Monday, 
Singapore on Wednesday 
and I've just completed a workout in Malaysia on Friday. 
How's that for impressive? 



Then Jetstar retimed our flight to Kuala Lumpur. When did retiming flights slip into the vocabulary of frequent flyers? Call me old-fashioned but a 2-hour delay is a two-hour delay. It is not my choice to "re-time" my flight to 10pm at night, you are late mate!

Anyway, it wasn't all bad so I won't grumble too much. We did manage to join our Aussie friends in the Qantas lounge. Now that's one Aussie Club I'm very, very happy to be welcomed into. Champagne and a hedgehog slice anyone? 

I feel like I have a lot to celebrate this week, so don't mind if I do!

Cheers!

Cheers my dears!
I have been working hard on my new travel blog littlewanderingwren.com 
where you can find posts on my recent wanders in India:



I'd love to see you there.
In the meantime have a great weekend.

Linking with thanks to all at Our World Tuesday and Friendship Friday







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat