Skip to main content

Valentine's Day Surprise

Happy Valentine's Day
How did it go at your place? 

I have loved reading some of your blog posts featuring your Valentine crafts
and seeing homes so beautifully decorated.
No such fuss at our place, Mr Wren and I had a pact.
No fuss this year!


I do have a chuckle though every time we come home as this is what we see!
Hey, not bad for me making no effort at all, is it?

You see we are waiting to move into our new nest,
in the meantime, we are staying at the rather gorgeous Dusit Thani hotel.
They along with everyone in this crazy city seem to embraced Valentine's Day
with several million teddy bears!


The Thais are loving (excuse the pun) making a fuss of Valentine's Day
Everywhere we go each shopping Centre is decked out in LOVE and roses.
It is great to see the colour returned to the streets and the people smiling after last year's somberness following the passing of their adored King. 

So imagine my surprise 
when I was given this vase of beautiful orchids this morning.



There was a knock on the door and I was presented with these beautiful orchids by the hotel concierge with a cheery Happy Valentine's Day greeting and smile!

'Is this from you? I thought we had a pact?' 

I asked Mr Wren thinking that I recognised the handwriting.

Mr Wren looked suitably shocked as I opened the card 
which said Happy Valentine's Day from the staff at the Dusit Thani. 


Ha Ha, 'how lovely' I said completely taken in by it.
Mr Wren was laughing, I thought of being upstaged by the hotel.

Then the truth came out, he had bought two bunches of orchids from the local supermarket and left them with a card and instructions to pretend that the gift was from the hotel staff.

The hotel obviously thought that if I was going to think this was from them that they would spruce up the rather meager offering and voila
 what appeared was thoughtfully tarted up a little.

The concierge had added the red heart and ribbons, the white flowers, the gold card and placing all this in a lovely vase to be delivered
to me from the wonderful staff at the Dusit Thani

Gottcha Mr Wren! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates for Little Wandering Wren

 Hello everyone ✨ Big news from the nest! ✨ How are you doing? We are excited to be heading off again to explore the world. If you love travelling to lesser-known places without the crowds. Stick follow along. After years of sharing my adventures over on Little Wandering Wren at Blogspot, it’s time to spread my wings… You’ll now find me at www.littlewanderingwren.com   Here you’ll discover: 🌍 Inspiring stays in the world’s best hotels, resorts & B&Bs 🌿 Hidden-gem destinations perfect for curious travellers 💫 Travel tips & stories for over-50/60s (and young at heart!) 📸 Gorgeous photography to fuel your wanderlust It’s the same Little Wandering Wren you know and love, just in a fresh new home! 👉 Tap the link in bio or head to  www.littlewanderingwren.com  to explore — and don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an adventure. These days we hang out in Thailand and SE Asia, Australia, the UK, France and the United States. Here are some of t...

Our balcony Sunbirds!

Something beautiful is happening at our place, I can hear the little birds sing! This is no mean feat as we live way up high, above the 30th floor. I love my new apartment it is just perfect, except that I missed the birds. Then guess what? Two of the cutest little Thai Sunbirds decided to join us and build a nest. Talk about the happiest bird watch ever! Our sunbird on our orchids Let's go back a bit and remind you about my Bangkok life. I've arrived in this great city from Melbourne Australia. Where I have a garden that I love and although the birds are a little cautious about visiting us, on account of the Crazy Poodle, we enjoyed all manner of what I think of as exotic birds - bright parrots, laughing kookaburras etc Rainbow lorikeets checking to see what the Crazy Poodle is up to! Our first Bangkok apartment at Embassy Place was chosen for it's amazing position overlooking one of the US Embassy compounds. The American Ambassador in Bangkok, has a ni...

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully...