Skip to main content

Valentine's Day Surprise

Happy Valentine's Day
How did it go at your place? 

I have loved reading some of your blog posts featuring your Valentine crafts
and seeing homes so beautifully decorated.
No such fuss at our place, Mr Wren and I had a pact.
No fuss this year!


I do have a chuckle though every time we come home as this is what we see!
Hey, not bad for me making no effort at all, is it?

You see we are waiting to move into our new nest,
in the meantime, we are staying at the rather gorgeous Dusit Thani hotel.
They along with everyone in this crazy city seem to embraced Valentine's Day
with several million teddy bears!


The Thais are loving (excuse the pun) making a fuss of Valentine's Day
Everywhere we go each shopping Centre is decked out in LOVE and roses.
It is great to see the colour returned to the streets and the people smiling after last year's somberness following the passing of their adored King. 

So imagine my surprise 
when I was given this vase of beautiful orchids this morning.



There was a knock on the door and I was presented with these beautiful orchids by the hotel concierge with a cheery Happy Valentine's Day greeting and smile!

'Is this from you? I thought we had a pact?' 

I asked Mr Wren thinking that I recognised the handwriting.

Mr Wren looked suitably shocked as I opened the card 
which said Happy Valentine's Day from the staff at the Dusit Thani. 


Ha Ha, 'how lovely' I said completely taken in by it.
Mr Wren was laughing, I thought of being upstaged by the hotel.

Then the truth came out, he had bought two bunches of orchids from the local supermarket and left them with a card and instructions to pretend that the gift was from the hotel staff.

The hotel obviously thought that if I was going to think this was from them that they would spruce up the rather meager offering and voila
 what appeared was thoughtfully tarted up a little.

The concierge had added the red heart and ribbons, the white flowers, the gold card and placing all this in a lovely vase to be delivered
to me from the wonderful staff at the Dusit Thani

Gottcha Mr Wren! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat