Skip to main content

Christmas Card Exchange

Can you imagine what a nightmare it must be
when your blog is called Fairy Bluebells Craft Adventure and your drawn 
with Little Wandering Wren for Amy's annual Christmas Card swap? 

Well fortunately we ended up being beautifully matched because there is nothing I like better 
than a traditional English snowy Christmas card. Here is Debbie's card below.
Thank you Debbie it has been lovely to meet you here.


They say past behaviour predicts future behaviour 
so poor Debbie drew the short, and rather long distance expensive straw, 
when she was allocated an Australian blogger with as much crafting talent as a rock.

We're not talking an Uluru, Ayers Rock sort of a rock,
and yep I reckon you could count on one hand the amount of craft posts I have done...


I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking to add in Christmas card making into the mix 
of packing up and leaving Australia.
Except that it seemed like a lovely idea!
Zen Wren here I come.

When, I couldn't believe my luck, a dear friend 
invited me for a night of Christmas champagne and card making - Yes there is a God!

Back in the day, and we're talking nearly twenty years ago, I confess to hosting a card making event.
It was one of those light bulb moments, when you are staring down the barrel of who you really are.
Amongst my friendship group I am surrounded by perfectionists. I like things well done,
 and admired their intricate designs and perfect cuts. 

They say opposites attract...
 I realised, having made copious cards, many saying Merry 'ristmas 
that I was destined for a life where the motto of 'near enough is good enough'
was perfect for Little Wandering Wren!


Twenty years on, I am about to move to a country where I have all the time in the world.
I know no-one and have nothing to do (at the moment - wink!)
I could re-invent myself as anything I want, within reason.

I had also, already written our 2016 Christmas cards with the big new announcement
'sorry to be messing up your address books again but we're moving to Bangkok' 
and so no need for Merry 'ristmas cards this year.

 Here is the end result of our Champagne and card making evening:
two cards from Wren (you can see the little bird I copied above) with plenty of glitter.
I figured my new life can be full of sparkle!


If Mr Wren is reading this that could either mean 
sparkling seas at lovely Thai beaches or diamonds!

Happy Christmas!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our balcony Sunbirds!

Something beautiful is happening at our place, I can hear the little birds sing! This is no mean feat as we live way up high, above the 30th floor. I love my new apartment it is just perfect, except that I missed the birds. Then guess what? Two of the cutest little Thai Sunbirds decided to join us and build a nest. Talk about the happiest bird watch ever! Our sunbird on our orchids Let's go back a bit and remind you about my Bangkok life. I've arrived in this great city from Melbourne Australia. Where I have a garden that I love and although the birds are a little cautious about visiting us, on account of the Crazy Poodle, we enjoyed all manner of what I think of as exotic birds - bright parrots, laughing kookaburras etc Rainbow lorikeets checking to see what the Crazy Poodle is up to! Our first Bangkok apartment at Embassy Place was chosen for it's amazing position overlooking one of the US Embassy compounds. The American Ambassador in Bangkok, has a ni...

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully...

Updates for Little Wandering Wren

 Hello everyone ✨ Big news from the nest! ✨ How are you doing? We are excited to be heading off again to explore the world. If you love travelling to lesser-known places without the crowds. Stick follow along. After years of sharing my adventures over on Little Wandering Wren at Blogspot, it’s time to spread my wings… You’ll now find me at www.littlewanderingwren.com   Here you’ll discover: 🌍 Inspiring stays in the world’s best hotels, resorts & B&Bs 🌿 Hidden-gem destinations perfect for curious travellers 💫 Travel tips & stories for over-50/60s (and young at heart!) 📸 Gorgeous photography to fuel your wanderlust It’s the same Little Wandering Wren you know and love, just in a fresh new home! 👉 Tap the link in bio or head to  www.littlewanderingwren.com  to explore — and don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an adventure. These days we hang out in Thailand and SE Asia, Australia, the UK, France and the United States. Here are some of t...