Skip to main content

Full Blue Monday

Happy Blue Monday

It's that time of the week when I am searching for something... 
interesting
              topical
                      Australian 
                                   and above all blue
                                                            for my Blue Monday post. 
But nothing quite springs to mind...
In fact, it appeared that everything I thought of was going to be a load of rubbish. Ah ha, I could do the trash, as Monday is our bin day and our recycling bins are blue...

Any one for Cricket? 

The bin reminded me of the cricket. Australia beat England in the Test Match, which is a rarity these days, and something to celebrate (depending on who you support, or whether you care!). 


There is however quite a furore over some extremely blue language overheard on pitch between our Aussie Captain, Michael Clarke and an England bowler - hmmm maybe not quite the blue I was searching for. Anyway this sort of behaviour is just not cricket! So moving swiftly on...



I could take you to the beach, but the weather's been shocking, so you'd need an umbrella and gum boots. Even the Crazy Poodle has had enough, forced to wear his winter coat just to keep the rain off. His unimpressed look says it all.



Mutt - 'C'mon hurry up, I feel a prat in this coat'

Melbourne spring is delayed, and about a month behind. It been raining 'cats and dogs' last week, and given that we are having the coldest November in ten years you might prefer to stay in the city?



Yes, this photo below was taken a few weeks ago, and let's just say it has been worked upon!



Rye ocean beach Mornington Peninsula, Victoria - remember the sun?
I have been back through all my blogs in the pipeline, searched through all my photographs, went back over the week thinking what could I post, but it's just not been a blue week!

It's been a busy week, and I have a lot to blog about. Like when I went ballistic when they bulldozed the house over the road and didn't tell us about the asbestos removal. Apparently there was a clue as the house was crawling with men in white suits, looking like they were about to face Armagedon

Ermm, I don't think I'm going to be invited to join Neighbourhood Watch, as that one passed me by... Maybe  a whole blog in it's own right... ? 

Rainy days and destruction - not a lot of blue here...
Or my champagne and paella trip to Venus Bay - another blog coming soon, but again not much blue!

And then it came to me, look what I found lying there on the kitchen table. The perfect Blue for a Monday morning - a Full Blue!


My daughter's certificate from the University Sports Awards presentations on Friday night. Which was a grand effort (says her Mum!) considering the earlier  Blue Monday post with the pink physio tape!

Apparently awarding a Blue is a tradition which originated at Oxford and Cambridge Universities. Aussie student sportsmen and sportswomen in can be awarded a Half Blue or a Full Blue for outstanding sporting performance at the Australian University Games and Championships.  It is awarded at British, Australian and New Zealand universities.

Now is that perfect or what, for a Happy Blue Monday?! Phew!!
Linked to Blue Monday

Please pop over by to see Sally and the other Blue Monday participants if you can!

Smiling Sally
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anyone for Tennis?

At the Australian Open qualifying tournament... 

Are you ready for the first Grand Slam of the year? The Aus Open starts next week (Monday 13th - Sunday 26 January) but Melbourne is already in full swing (ha ha) with tennis players and tennis action. 


You can pay to watch some of the top seeded Men's players in action at the Kooyong Classic, just down the road. Or, you can join me for what I say is one of the best value tennis, indeed let's say sporting tickets in the world. The Australian Open qualifying tournament (Jan 8 -11), where you can wander in for free. Yes free!

The 'Qualies' is one of the secret treasures of the Aus Open where players compete and must win matches on three consecutive days to secure one of the last remaining spots in the main draw.
For the past seven years we have been a host family for tennis players, which is how we have become so familiar with the highs and lows of this lead up event... 
So would you like a sneak peak inside Melbourne Park, whi…

Keep Calm And Birthday On!

So far I'm onto my fourth country celebrating my birthday. Usually, I don't fuss much about birthdays, I'm not one for the big girls night out, or to treat myself with a big splurge... 
But this year is different. I've moved country. I now have a new visa in my passport enabling me to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand until May 2018. I'm away from the kids and the dog and Mr Wren looked at his work calendar, scratched his head and declared a meeting with dinner on my birthday.

I thought for a moment about pulling the old 'I can't believe you've got a meeting with dinner on my birthday AND it's International Women's Day' complaint, but wait a moment, no... That's a perfect excuse to celebrate with everyone, everywhere! 
'Hey, but I thought you said  you never bothered much about birthdays...'
I can hear him call out as I am part way to booking a flight to Malaysia and using all his Airmiles for a return trip to the UK!

He's right, I&#…

Bangkok Blogger

Life is not about finding ourselves it is about creating ourselves! George Bernard Shaw

Cooee! It's me calling in from Thailand. Sorry, it's been a while, it's been a tad busy. Still, we've not done badly. We've moved into our temporary apartment and are well on the way to finding something more permanent. We're overlooking the American Embassy compound, which is acres of impressive greenery in amongst the high rise buildings. I love it, I can even hear the little birds sing in the morning.
So welcome to my new life as .... drum roll please, Hmmm actually, I have no bleedin’ idea, so how about Bangkok Blogger for now?
How would you feel if you were to arriving in a new country, where you know no-one, and you're not even sure what your life will entail? For me, it was a feeling of excitement, crossed with a rolling of the eyes, a smile and my 'here we go again' expression. 
Of course, this always happens Mr Wren was away travelling and so I rocked up for …