Skip to main content

England in Spring



It took me twenty-eight hours to fly from Australia to England...
I was there twelve nights 
then it was twenty-four hours (whooo hooo!) to get back.

That's hardly time enough to get over the jet lag... Is it?



It was a busy, busy, busy 
 whistle-stop* tour to catch up with family 
and wave off my daughter on her African adventure.
Happily we also celebrated a couple of birthdays, mine included.

We started with a day out in Burford, 
a picturesque Cotswold market town 
chosen for some good clothes shopping and a pub lunch.


Cotswold stone cottages in Burford
We had some lovely days out to the Cotswolds and Oxford
and stayed in Bristol, Stratford on Avon, London 
and I even managed to buy a house!
Now that's a story I'm saving for a rainy day...

Here are some of my favourite blue photos from the trip.

Thatched cottages which look good at any time of year, 
look even better when Spring is in the air 
and the daffodils are dancing in the sunlight outside the front door.

Daffodils and thatched cottages, so British!
In Bristol, the Harbour is always so picturesque
With the colourful terrace houses of Redland and 
the brightly painted house boats on the water.

Bristol Docklands with SS Great Britain

My eldest daughter arrived from Australia,
Forty-two hours her trip took her
as her flight was delayed, then eventually cancelled in Dubai!

Still there was no time for her to get over her jet lag,
 we were straight off to London to get her visa for her new job in Africa.



The Liberian Embassy in Fitzroy Square 
is in the basement of an impressive London terrace house
The house next door had a sign saying Virginia Woof lived here!
There is a massive Liberian flag flying
which could be easily mistaken for a US flag on first glance...

The door was propped out with a hand painted sign saying
"be careful, wet paint"
This was oddly reassuring, and in stark contrast to 

when we went to get my other daughter's visa for the US, 
security was so tight in Melbourne, that I stayed outside.
Liberian Embassy flying the national flag
Inside the Embassy at 2pm there was no-one.
Hmmm people are obviously not queuing up to visit Liberia!
My daughter gave in her passport, 
 a letter of support from her organisation, two passport photos, 
One hundred and sixty pounds, 
yes it's not cheap to visit the second most poorest country in the world!
and was told to return the next day...

The next day she collected her passport, easy 
and was now all ready to work
in a remote community in Liberia.

Our family is now spread all over the world.
One in America, one in Liberia, one in England and two in Australia
But next week we will have four of us in New York!!
I'll sing to that!



Linking with thanks to Sally at Blue Monday





Thank you in advance for your comments 
which I love to receive
If you are not on Google+ you can always contact me
via my e-mail link on the sidebar 


  1. * whistle-stop
    adjective
    1. 1.
      very fast and with only brief pauses.
      "a whistle-stop tour of Britain"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat