Skip to main content

The Beautiful Game

We're just gearing up for the start of the 2016 Australian Winter football season.

Move over cricket, here come the soccer players!

After what seems to have been the shortest pre-season ever, 
 it didn't help being away for all the warm -up matches,
 yesterday was Round One of the Victorian Women's National Premier League.
So it's football boots on and off we go!

Ha! Well, that's, of course, the right royal "we", I'm just the crazy soccer Mum.
This season looks to be calmer than last year when our family were either 
playing, coaching or assisting with seven matches over the course of a weekend.
No wonder I'm crazy, just keeping everyone fuelled for optimum performance
was a challenge and my workout!

The photo I'm sharing this weekend is from Myanmar
when we stumbled upon a village soccer tournament.
What do you see?

Village football Yangon, Myanmar
I love seeing the Beautiful Game being played around the world.
They might have no soccer boots, shin guards or socks but just look at the uniforms.
It might be a dust bowl of a pitch,
where no-one blinks an eyelid if a stray dog runs onto the pitch,
but just look at those smiles.

One of the teams I have worked with for the past four seasons is a team of people seeking asylum.
What they tell us is that when they play soccer,
they are not Asylum Seekers, they are football players.

There is a soccer quote that I love which says:
'Every time I step onto the pitch, all my troubles go away.
The only thing that matters on the pitch is the beautiful game.' (Anon)

And that, dear Bloggers, is why I am very happy to be a crazy soccer Mum!
I hope you have a lovely week.

Linking with My Sunday Photo



OneDad3Girls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates for Little Wandering Wren

 Hello everyone ✨ Big news from the nest! ✨ How are you doing? We are excited to be heading off again to explore the world. If you love travelling to lesser-known places without the crowds. Stick follow along. After years of sharing my adventures over on Little Wandering Wren at Blogspot, it’s time to spread my wings… You’ll now find me at www.littlewanderingwren.com   Here you’ll discover: 🌍 Inspiring stays in the world’s best hotels, resorts & B&Bs 🌿 Hidden-gem destinations perfect for curious travellers 💫 Travel tips & stories for over-50/60s (and young at heart!) 📸 Gorgeous photography to fuel your wanderlust It’s the same Little Wandering Wren you know and love, just in a fresh new home! 👉 Tap the link in bio or head to  www.littlewanderingwren.com  to explore — and don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an adventure. These days we hang out in Thailand and SE Asia, Australia, the UK, France and the United States. Here are some of t...

Our balcony Sunbirds!

Something beautiful is happening at our place, I can hear the little birds sing! This is no mean feat as we live way up high, above the 30th floor. I love my new apartment it is just perfect, except that I missed the birds. Then guess what? Two of the cutest little Thai Sunbirds decided to join us and build a nest. Talk about the happiest bird watch ever! Our sunbird on our orchids Let's go back a bit and remind you about my Bangkok life. I've arrived in this great city from Melbourne Australia. Where I have a garden that I love and although the birds are a little cautious about visiting us, on account of the Crazy Poodle, we enjoyed all manner of what I think of as exotic birds - bright parrots, laughing kookaburras etc Rainbow lorikeets checking to see what the Crazy Poodle is up to! Our first Bangkok apartment at Embassy Place was chosen for it's amazing position overlooking one of the US Embassy compounds. The American Ambassador in Bangkok, has a ni...

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully...