Skip to main content

Honey I'm home!

I'm done chasing summers!

Time to regroup, reconnect with family, friends and life back in Australia.

Of course he remembered me.
His little heart beating so strong and his tail wagging so fast,
he was practically in orbit!


Here he is, the Crazy Poodle, slightly more unkempt than when I left
but still as adoring as ever!

Mind you, I've noticed some new habits that have crept in
whilst I was off on my wanderings...

He seems to have forgotten all manners, 
to upgrade himself at every opportunity in my absence.


Seeking out any elusive sunshine 
on the once forbidden spots like the lounge sofas. 
Or abandoning his doggy day bed in the garden, 
for the strictly 'off limits for dogs' garden chairs.


Just a few ways he let's me know 
he's not impressed by my gallivanting.

But I'm obviously going to have to lay down the law 
BIG time to get him back on track!


It's been rather a chilly shock being back in winter, 
Melbourne's wet winter has been the coldest for decades.


Whilst long and wet by Aussie standards
waking up to a 5 degrees Celsius morning
 would be considered positively winter balmy elsewhere...
But here our designer mongrels flaunt the latest in 
Aussie doggie fashions, as if they are living through a Siberian winter !


Still I can't complain, my idea of chasing summers
has largely worked. Only two weeks till spring Woo Hoo!
The yellow wattle trees are already in full bloom
Which gives all us little Aussie birds something to sing about.



It has been fun returning to favourite haunts,
meeting friends for a coffee and to catch up on everyone's news.
Hot drinks have been the order of the day.



We seemed to move effortlessly from brunch at Snow Pony to a Show Pony.
Here she is, the latest new addition to our family: Little Miss Pebbles...
She's a two year old racehorse in the making.


We only have a teeny, weeny bit of her,
I've bagsied the nose because as my good friend 
Neesie tells me, they win by a nose!


It has been lovely regrouping as a family.
although I use these terms lightly 
as numbers in our household go up and down like a yoyo.

We are like revolving doors here.
The day usually starts with someone asking "whose in?"
and when we say whose in, 
we mean whose in the country!



Daughter No 1 has now returned from the UK
but our soccer playing Daughter No 2 remains in Europe and 
has been replaced by a lovely Canadian soccer player who is staying with us
She also scored the winning goal at the weekend, 
so she has been a very good transfer!!! 

Last week I took the three International players 
in the soccer team, to the Mornington Peninsula.

I enjoyed showing off winters at the beach
but I think they enjoyed the Hot Springs the best!



I have always been of the opinion that if 
I can't travel the world, then let the world come to us!


Thank you in advance for your visits and comments they are much appreciated!

Linking with thanks to Mosaic MondaySaturday's Critters and Camera Critters




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat