Skip to main content

Glorious Getaway!

Bangkok here we come!

I had an e-mail from a friend who said at the start of June 
“you’re not doing much for Aussie tourism, 
by bemoaning the fact 
that you are in Australia all month!” 
Oopsie!  


It’s not that I don’t love Australia... 
It’s just that I love to travel! 

 I get cabin fever if I stay put for too long…


Have you ever done any of those psychometric tests 
before a big job interview? 
You know the ones that ask all manner of weird and wonderful questions? 

Well I'm off the scale in terms of new ideas, 
and happiness with change, 
but my completer - finisher profile is poor!! 

I get bored and move on.
Literally. 


Luckily I’ve had a husband whose global job 
required frequent moves. 

Well actually...
I’ve always said, he is lucky to have me! 


Because glamorous as it sounds,
not many partners would put up with it…

When we left Belgium the first time
our neighbours had gone skiing.
The job was accepted, 
everything is always frightfully confidential, 
‘Mum's the word*’ you know, 
until things are announced...
We’d packed up, 
AND moved continents, 
before our neighbours had even attempted their first black run.

I often wonder what must they think of us; 
those rude British neighbours who never said 'au revoir'!


It's only the Crazy Poodle who hates it when we travel.
As soon as the suitcases are out, he knows.


We leave to the sound of his wails,
his little black nose pushed through the bars of the gate.
He can really turn it on...

'Quick! Get the dog a pigs ear.'
I yell at daughter No 2, 
staying behind for soccer and household duties...


With Mutt momentarily, but easily distracted, 
we're off to the airport for a quick break to Bangkok.

It is so good to get away...
I'd set myself some crazy challenges for June
given that it was a month 'locked-in' Down Under.

Do you want to guess how I got on?!
Yes you're right
Pretty dismally... 
I must work on my completer-finisher skills!

The first one to fall by the wayside,
 with medical approval, I might add, 
was the 30 day Abs challenge.
So much for looking good in my bikini!


My second challenge was to blog everyday 
about my Aussie life, 
linking with thirty different memes.

I completed twenty-five posts in June.
If I count the one that went through at 12.01am on July 1st...

Woo hoo!!!
I heard all that activity nearly put Blogger into meltdown,
Or maybe it was just me that nearly went into meltdown?

Anyway not quite the thirty posts I'd promised myself 
and a hectic writing schedule,
but I did meet some lovely new Bloggers, 
at some interesting new memes.
June certainly whizzed by...



The final and hardest one was my 30 Day minimalist challenge.
Which involved throwing out a whopping 465 items over the month,
I'm happy I did achieve this
although it was not without it's dramas & 
I will tell you some more on my return.

So here we are after a hectic term,
Our son is on a school trip for ten days to Darwin,
and we're off to have a few days away.


Yes, I know, 
there's a military coup in Bangkok at the moment... 
Yes I know, 
it's summer, and the humidity is over ninety percent...
Ok, 
so it's the rainy season...

Don't you just love to get away?

* Mum's the word.  (informal)
something that you say which means something should be kept secret.

Linking with Alphabe Thursday
Thanks to Jenny Matlock




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our balcony Sunbirds!

Something beautiful is happening at our place, I can hear the little birds sing! This is no mean feat as we live way up high, above the 30th floor. I love my new apartment it is just perfect, except that I missed the birds. Then guess what? Two of the cutest little Thai Sunbirds decided to join us and build a nest. Talk about the happiest bird watch ever! Our sunbird on our orchids Let's go back a bit and remind you about my Bangkok life. I've arrived in this great city from Melbourne Australia. Where I have a garden that I love and although the birds are a little cautious about visiting us, on account of the Crazy Poodle, we enjoyed all manner of what I think of as exotic birds - bright parrots, laughing kookaburras etc Rainbow lorikeets checking to see what the Crazy Poodle is up to! Our first Bangkok apartment at Embassy Place was chosen for it's amazing position overlooking one of the US Embassy compounds. The American Ambassador in Bangkok, has a ni...

Updates for Little Wandering Wren

 Hello everyone ✨ Big news from the nest! ✨ How are you doing? We are excited to be heading off again to explore the world. If you love travelling to lesser-known places without the crowds. Stick follow along. After years of sharing my adventures over on Little Wandering Wren at Blogspot, it’s time to spread my wings… You’ll now find me at www.littlewanderingwren.com   Here you’ll discover: 🌍 Inspiring stays in the world’s best hotels, resorts & B&Bs 🌿 Hidden-gem destinations perfect for curious travellers 💫 Travel tips & stories for over-50/60s (and young at heart!) 📸 Gorgeous photography to fuel your wanderlust It’s the same Little Wandering Wren you know and love, just in a fresh new home! 👉 Tap the link in bio or head to  www.littlewanderingwren.com  to explore — and don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an adventure. These days we hang out in Thailand and SE Asia, Australia, the UK, France and the United States. Here are some of t...

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully...